Students from the Engineering School Preparatory Classes (CPGE), after your 2nd or 3rd year in these classes, you can enter the majority of the French engineering schools in chemistry or chemical engineering, by sitting the various competitive examinations open to CPGE students:
- Common polytechnical school competitive examinations
- Supelec central competitive examination
- FESIC Prepa competitive examination
- E3A competitive examination
|Schools||Common polytechnical school competitive examinations||PCBIO||X-ESPCI||Supelec central competitive examination||FESIC Prepa competitive examination|
(Limoges) (banque de notes)
|École Centrale de Marseille|
Students who are holders of a Diplôme Universitaire Technologique (DUT), delivered by an Institut Universitaire de Technologie (IUT), can apply for a chemistry school for admission with diploma. Admission is by examination of your dossier and possibly by an interview to establish your motivation (see individual school websites). The level of language is also evaluated.
If you hold a University Licence (L2 or L3) grade in “Sciences and Technology”, you can apply to the schools like students coming from a DUT, for admission with diploma: examination of your dossier, interview, evaluation of language.
Another possibility for admission is offered by a certain number of the Federation’s schools*: the DEUG national competitive examination”. It consists of written admissibility exams and oral admission exams. You can find more information on these competitive exams on the website of the Groupe Concours Polytechniques.
* The Federation schools offering the “DEUG competitive exam”: ECPM (Strasbourg), Sigma (Clermont-Ferrand), ENSCI (Limoges), ENSCL (Lille), ENSCM (Montpellier), ENSCP (Paris), ENSCBP (Bordeaux), ENSCR (Rennes), ENSGTI (Pau), ENSIACET (Toulouse), ENSICAEN (Caen)
If you are the holder of a BTS in chemistry, you can apply to certain schools (contact the establishments directly) for admission with diploma.
Another possibility for admission is offered after one year in an ATS preparatory class:
- Lycée de l’Escaut in Valencienne,
- Lycée La Martinière Diderot in Lyon,
- Lycée Pierre-Gilles de Gennes - ENCPB in Paris.
After one year in an ATS class, you can then enter one of the 20 schools of the Federation without a competitive exam (depending upon your final and continuous assessment ranking).